- My novel is about many things. I’ve called it “a novel in twelve stories” for a reason. To give you …Read More »
- Melbourne Knowing Animals Reading Group, 27 May 2019 In May, the Melbourne Knowing Animals Reading Group read Marti Kheel’s analysis …Read More »
- Zhuangzi and Huizi were strolling along the bridge over the Hao River. Zhuangzi said, “The minnows swim about so freely, …Read More »
- Animals and Race — Edited collection, by Jonathan W. Thurston When Iago informs Brabantio that “a black ram is tupping your …Read More »
- The British Animal Studies Network’s upcoming meeting, ‘Movements,’ will be held at the University of Leeds on November 22-23, under the direction …Read More »
Tag Archives: Being Interdisciplinary
Laura Jean McKay on Being wowed, being excited: about the Being Interdisciplinary in Animal Studies postgraduate symposium, Glasgow, 2016.
It was a funny lot of creatures who gathered in Glasgow this May. Postgraduate researchers from history, science, media and visual arts, geography, archaeology, anthropology, sociology, English and literature. We were brought together by historian and, let’s face it, star … Continue reading