- The draft program for Animal Intersections is available at http://aasa2017.com.au/ You can still register for the full conference or single …Read More »
- Venue: Adina Hotel Central (near Central Station), Sydney Date: Tuesday 13th June 2017 Illegal wildlife trafficking is seriously threatening fauna …Read More »
- New Publications by our members: Esther Alloun, 2017. ‘Fur PETA’s Sake! The politics of animals in the Zionist State’, Animal …Read More »
- Thom van Dooren has co-edited, with Deborah Bird Rose and Matthew Chrulew, a new book entitled Extinction Studies: Stories of …Read More »
- Guided Tour of Animal Themed Art at the Art Gallery of South Australia, North Terrace, Adjacent to The University of …Read More »
Tag Archives: Being Interdisciplinary
Laura Jean McKay on Being wowed, being excited: about the Being Interdisciplinary in Animal Studies postgraduate symposium, Glasgow, 2016.
It was a funny lot of creatures who gathered in Glasgow this May. Postgraduate researchers from history, science, media and visual arts, geography, archaeology, anthropology, sociology, English and literature. We were brought together by historian and, let’s face it, star … Continue reading