- Tiny Beam Fund – a charitable foundation based in the U.S. – is pleased to announce a Call For Applications …Read More »
- The submission deadline is 31st October 2020. European Society for Environmental History (ESEH) is hosting its biennial conference, themed “Same planet, …Read More »
- Deadline: October 15, 2020The University of Oslo, Norway is offering a three-year research position in Environmental Humanities at the Oslo School of Environmental …Read More »
- Tamkang Review, Special Issue, June 2021.Due 30 November, 2020. In their introduction to The Environmental Humanities (MIT Press, 2017), the …Read More »
- BASN will be online for the meeting ‘Animal Borderlands’ – Session 1 – ‘Living in the Borderlands’ – Friday 18th …Read More »
Category Archives: Conferences
ISAZ 2020: One Health, One Welfare: Wellbeing for all in human-animal interactions. June 29 – July 3, 2020, Liverpool, UK. The call for abstracts will close on February 3, 2020
The Aotearoa Animal Rights Conference, AARC2020, Together for Animals, is seeking submissions from people wanting to share their ideas, experiences and methods for making the world a better place for animals. Submission deadline is February 1, 2020.
The European Consortium for Political Research General Conference, University of Innsbruck, August 26 – 28, 2020 includes a panel, Ecofeminism In/And The Anthropocene, with a CfP submission deadline of February 1, 2020. Contact: Chair: Robert Booth (University of Liverpool) email@example.com; Co-chair: Andy Holland (University of Liverpool) firstname.lastname@example.org.
The conference Toward an Understanding of Nonhuman Minds: From Animal to Artificial Agency will take place in at the Universität Zürich, Switzerland invites papers from a variety of disciplinary perspectives (including, but not limited to, anthropology, history, human-animal studies, literature, and sociology). The workshop offers … Continue reading
Animal Rights: Advocacy and Academia, 15-16 May, 2020, National University of Ireland Galway. Deadline is January 21, 2020. This symposium will address the academy’s comparatively recent focus on animal rights and consider the relationship of that academic interest to the practice of advocacy … Continue reading
The European Association of Social Anthropologists is hosting its 16th EASA Biennial Conference, with the theme “New anthropological horizons in and beyond Europe,” 21-24 July 2020 in Lisbon, with a deadline of January 20, 2020 for proposal submissions. Relevant panels include: Other species on … Continue reading
Animals Across Discipline, Time & Space, a new exhibition at the McMaster Museum of Art in Hamilton, Ontario, Canada, runs January 4 – March 21, 2020. The exhibition uses art to explore the role of animals in the Anthropocene era by … Continue reading
The 2019 International Animal Rights Conference, Luxemburg has released 33 videos from the conference.
Animal Spirits: An Interdisciplinary Workshop on the Creatures of Capitalism Workshop at the Weatherhead Center (Canada Program)27–28 April 2020, Harvard UniversityCambridge, MA ‘Even apart from the instability due to speculation, there is the instability due to the characteristic of human … Continue reading
The conference keynotes are now available – click here to see a small sample or the link to the full selection.