Animal Rights: Advocacy and Academia, 15-16 May, 2020, National University of Ireland Galway. Deadline is January 21, 2020. This symposium will address the academy’s comparatively recent focus on animal rights and consider the relationship of that academic interest to the practice of advocacy for nonhuman animals, with the aim of investigating how animal advocacy and animal scholarship can support and inform each other. We seek abstracts of scholars at any career stage from any discipline addressing questions of how moral issues around the use of nonhuman animals have been regarded both within and without academia, and how those issues connect with veganism. Abstracts no longer than 250 words should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Tiny Beam Fund – a charitable foundation based in the U.S. – is pleased to announce a Call For Applications …Read More »
- The submission deadline is 31st October 2020. European Society for Environmental History (ESEH) is hosting its biennial conference, themed “Same planet, …Read More »
- Deadline: October 15, 2020The University of Oslo, Norway is offering a three-year research position in Environmental Humanities at the Oslo School of Environmental …Read More »
- Tamkang Review, Special Issue, June 2021.Due 30 November, 2020. In their introduction to The Environmental Humanities (MIT Press, 2017), the …Read More »
- BASN will be online for the meeting ‘Animal Borderlands’ – Session 1 – ‘Living in the Borderlands’ – Friday 18th …Read More »