The Culture & Animals Foundation (CAF) is now accepting applications for our 2019 grants. We fund academic and artistic projects that raise public awareness about animals, awarding grants in three categories: Research (scholarly projects about animal advocacy and its cultural roots and impact); Creativity (original work by artists and thinkers that expresses positive concern for animals); and Performance (public performances and exhibitions to raise awareness of animal advocacy). Grant applications are due on or before January 31. Past recipients are welcome to apply again for funding of a new endeavor or continued development of a previously funded project, although priority will be given to new grantees. You can find the grant application here. (Please make sure to read the instructions carefully.) Past grantees can be found here. If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email us at email@example.com.
- Here’s some of the wonderful conferences taking place in 2019 around the globe. Please let me know if we’ve missed …Read More »
- If modernism heralded a moment of socio-political, cultural and aesthetic transformation, it also instigated a refashioning of how we think …Read More »
- The journal Religions will be publishing a special issue on the subject of animals in world religions, to be edited …Read More »
- The Journal Social Sciences will be publishing a special issue, with the theme of: “We are Best Friends”: Animals in …Read More »
- The study of human-animal relationships is now an established multi-disciplinary field. In addition, growing political debates over humanity’s troubled relationship …Read More »