The Culture & Animals Foundation (CAF) is now accepting applications for our 2019 grants. We fund academic and artistic projects that raise public awareness about animals, awarding grants in three categories: Research (scholarly projects about animal advocacy and its cultural roots and impact); Creativity (original work by artists and thinkers that expresses positive concern for animals); and Performance (public performances and exhibitions to raise awareness of animal advocacy). Grant applications are due on or before January 31. Past recipients are welcome to apply again for funding of a new endeavor or continued development of a previously funded project, although priority will be given to new grantees. You can find the grant application here. (Please make sure to read the instructions carefully.) Past grantees can be found here. If you have any questions, check out our FAQs or email us at email@example.com.
- Yunker, John (ed). 2018. Writing for Animals: New Perspectives for Writers and Instructors to Educate and Inspire. Ashland, Oregon: Ashland …Read More »
- The Melbourne Knowing Animals Reading Group continued our exploration of early animal studies scholarship, curated by lynn mowson, with Lori …Read More »
- Our next session focuses on The Animal Industrial Complex. As with the previous session – there are accompanying thematic texts, however the …Read More »
- The Melbourne Knowing Animals Reading Group is spending 2019 with foundational thinking that focuses on multispecies justice. We began the …Read More »
- The CFP for the autumn 2019 BASN meeting has just gone live. ‘Movements’ will be held at the University of …Read More »