The RSPCA Australia Sybil Emslie Animal Law Scholarship is intended to celebrate Sybil Emslie’s life-long commitment to the care and protection of animals by encouraging legal scholarship and practice dedicated to advancing animal welfare. The $1,000 annual scholarship will be awarded to a law student or lawyer who has a strong academic record and a commitment to the practice of animal law through active and substantial engagement with animal law and animal protection organisations and initiatives. The Scholarship is administered by RSPCA Australia with funds contributed by Sybil Emslie’s family and other donors. Applications close on the 29 July 2016. For further information go to RSPCA’s Scholarship Page.
- The latest issue of the Animal Studies Journal is now available online: Current Issue: Volume 6, Number 2 (2017) “This …Read More »
- A Transnational History of the Australian Animal Movement, 1970-2015, by Gonzalo Villanueva has just been released. This book offers the first …Read More »
- Harvard Law School’s Animal Law & Policy Program is inviting applications for a four-month Fellowship to examine policy implications of …Read More »
- Animal nationalisms: Multispecies cultural politics, race, and nation un/building narratives Special Issue Proposal for the Journal of Intercultural Studies Yamini …Read More »
- Role of animal companions in the health and wellbeing of lesbian, bisexual and/or transgender women As part of a project …Read More »