The RSPCA Australia Sybil Emslie Animal Law Scholarship is intended to celebrate Sybil Emslie’s life-long commitment to the care and protection of animals by encouraging legal scholarship and practice dedicated to advancing animal welfare. The $1,000 annual scholarship will be awarded to a law student or lawyer who has a strong academic record and a commitment to the practice of animal law through active and substantial engagement with animal law and animal protection organisations and initiatives. The Scholarship is administered by RSPCA Australia with funds contributed by Sybil Emslie’s family and other donors. Applications close on the 29 July 2016. For further information go to RSPCA’s Scholarship Page.
- Dissenting Animals Oscar, my Cairn terrier, is a remarkable creature in lots of ways, including that he loves going to …Read More »
- In 1565 Thomas Blundeville mused that since ‘it is naturally given to every beast for the moste parte to engender …Read More »
- CAA 106th Annual Conference Los Angeles, February 21-24 2018. Art and Criticism in the Anthropocene Chair(s): Giovanni Aloi, School of …Read More »
- Monday 20st August 11-1pm School of Humanities, University of Tasmania Undertaken by Prof. Fiona Probyn-Rapsey (University of Wollongong), Dr Siobhan …Read More »
- Call for Papers for Workshop Animals and Emotions in History Friday November 17th 2017 AHRC Pets and Family Life Project …Read More »