The RSPCA Australia Sybil Emslie Animal Law Scholarship is intended to celebrate Sybil Emslie’s life-long commitment to the care and protection of animals by encouraging legal scholarship and practice dedicated to advancing animal welfare. The $1,000 annual scholarship will be awarded to a law student or lawyer who has a strong academic record and a commitment to the practice of animal law through active and substantial engagement with animal law and animal protection organisations and initiatives. The Scholarship is administered by RSPCA Australia with funds contributed by Sybil Emslie’s family and other donors. Applications close on the 29 July 2016. For further information go to RSPCA’s Scholarship Page.
- The latest edition of Animal Studies Journal is out now! This issue comprises articles from a range of disciplinary perspectives, …Read More »
- James Joyce Quarterly Special Issue Call for Papers: Joyce and the Non-Human (abstract deadline June 30th, 1st draft articles by January …Read More »
- The sixth video in Defining HAS Video series, is by Lisa Kemmerer, Professor of Philosophy and Religions at Montana State University, …Read More »
- On May 18-19, 2018, the Animals in Philosophy, Politics, Law, and Ethics research group (APPLE) at Queen’s University will be …Read More »
- July 1st — July 4th 2019 Initial Call for papers Colonial politics and histories have shaped, and continue to shape, …Read More »