The Department of Philosophy at Queen’s University in Kingston, Canada invites applications for a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Animal Studies. Applications are due by February 1, 2019. This is a one-year non-renewable 12-month fellowship, supporting a researcher with demonstrated expertise in animal ethics, law and public policy.While we interpret animal ethics, law and public policy broadly, and welcome applications from various disciplines that study human-animal relations including political science, law, philosophy, sociology, geography, and environmental studies, we are particularly interested in research that critically examines the moral, legal and political dimensions of how human-animal relations are governed. The Fellow will work under the supervision of Prof. Will Kymlicka (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- BASN will be online for the meeting ‘Animal Borderlands’ – Session 1 – ‘Living in the Borderlands’ – Friday 18th …Read More »
- 23-25 September 2021 | Saarland University | Saarbrücken (Germany) International and Interdisciplinary Conference held by the Research Centre ‘European Dream-Cultures’, …Read More »
- Due: 23rd September 2020 November 26-27, 2020. This conference, organized by the Multispecies Storytelling network, Multispecies approaches have recently developed …Read More »
- 30 November 2020 The Human Animal Interaction (HAI) Section of the American Psychological Association has issued a call for papers for …Read More »
- BOOKS: Kristin Andrews, 2020. The Animal Mind: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Animal Cognition. 2nd. ed. Routledge. Sarat Colling, 2020. Animal Resistance …Read More »