NYU Animal Studies is thrilled to announce that we are now accepting submissions for a new award and workshop on ending factory farming. We invite graduate students and early career faculty (i.e., faculty within 5 years of graduation) in any field to submit new or recent (i.e., unpublished or published within one year of submission) work related to this topic. We will select up to three papers for a $1,000 award and funded travel to NYU for a workshop on ending factory farming. The NYU Animal Studies Workshop on Ending Factory Farming will be a one-day event in Spring 2020. Each selected author will present their work to an audience of NYU Animal Studies faculty, students, and community members. There will also be a keynote address and a dinner. This workshop will be an excellent opportunity for authors to discuss their research and meet other people working in this important and neglected space. We welcome papers in any field in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences that can contribute to our understanding about ending factory farming. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org September 1 with the subject heading “Award and Workshop Submission” and the following materials in PDF format: CV, short cover letter, and 8000 word paper draft.
- The Minding Animals Animals and Climate Emergency Conference (ACEC) conference and events will be held over 22 to 29 July, 2021, in …Read More »
- The Faculty of Kinesiology of the University of New Brunswick is hosting a two-day conference on Sport, Animals, Ethics, May …Read More »
- ISAZ 2020: One Health, One Welfare: Wellbeing for all in human-animal interactions. June 29 – July 3, 2020, Liverpool, UK. The call for …Read More »
- The Aotearoa Animal Rights Conference, AARC2020, Together for Animals, is seeking submissions from people wanting to share their ideas, experiences and methods …Read More »
- The European Consortium for Political Research General Conference, University of Innsbruck, August 26 – 28, 2020 includes a panel, Ecofeminism In/And …Read More »