NYU Animal Studies is thrilled to announce that we are now accepting submissions for a new award and workshop on ending factory farming. We invite graduate students and early career faculty (i.e., faculty within 5 years of graduation) in any field to submit new or recent (i.e., unpublished or published within one year of submission) work related to this topic. We will select up to three papers for a $1,000 award and funded travel to NYU for a workshop on ending factory farming. The NYU Animal Studies Workshop on Ending Factory Farming will be a one-day event in Spring 2020. Each selected author will present their work to an audience of NYU Animal Studies faculty, students, and community members. There will also be a keynote address and a dinner. This workshop will be an excellent opportunity for authors to discuss their research and meet other people working in this important and neglected space. We welcome papers in any field in the humanities, social sciences, or natural sciences that can contribute to our understanding about ending factory farming. Please email email@example.com September 1 with the subject heading “Award and Workshop Submission” and the following materials in PDF format: CV, short cover letter, and 8000 word paper draft.
- My novel is about many things. I’ve called it “a novel in twelve stories” for a reason. To give you …Read More »
- Melbourne Knowing Animals Reading Group, 27 May 2019 In May, the Melbourne Knowing Animals Reading Group read Marti Kheel’s analysis …Read More »
- Zhuangzi and Huizi were strolling along the bridge over the Hao River. Zhuangzi said, “The minnows swim about so freely, …Read More »
- Animals and Race — Edited collection, by Jonathan W. Thurston When Iago informs Brabantio that “a black ram is tupping your …Read More »
- The British Animal Studies Network’s upcoming meeting, ‘Movements,’ will be held at the University of Leeds on November 22-23, under the direction …Read More »