The Journal of Urban Affairs is planning a special issue on animals in the city. It will include papers that focus on the environmental, health, safety, ethical, and cultural implications of animals in the city and the human-animals interactions that result. Global comparisons would be particularly welcome. Authors are encouraged to submit article proposals to the editor by December 1, 2017. Please send proposals along with contact information and a curriculum vita via email to: Laura A. Reese, Director, Global Urban Studies Program, Michigan State University, email@example.com.
- Theme: Some we love, some we hate, some we eat, some we need. Co-organizers: Robert W. Mitchell, Radhika Makecha, and Michał Pręgowski. …Read More »
- Architecture beyond the human: an investigation into the design of buildings housing non-human animals This research project investigates the ways …Read More »
- From 1990 to 2007 I (Christine Townend) was living in India, as managing trustee of an animal protection organisation in …Read More »
- Register to attend Animaladies II Animaladies Program: Thursday December 13th 9.45 Acknowledgment of Country & Welcome: Fiona Probyn-Rapsey 10.00 Keynote …Read More »
- Aesthetics, Politics and Histories: The Social Context of Art AAANZ Conference 2018 December 5-8, 2018, School of Art, RMIT University, …Read More »