The Journal of Urban Affairs is planning a special issue on animals in the city. It will include papers that focus on the environmental, health, safety, ethical, and cultural implications of animals in the city and the human-animals interactions that result. Global comparisons would be particularly welcome. Authors are encouraged to submit article proposals to the editor by December 1, 2017. Please send proposals along with contact information and a curriculum vita via email to: Laura A. Reese, Director, Global Urban Studies Program, Michigan State University, firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The latest issue of the Animal Studies Journal is now available online: Current Issue: Volume 6, Number 2 (2017) “This …Read More »
- A Transnational History of the Australian Animal Movement, 1970-2015, by Gonzalo Villanueva has just been released. This book offers the first …Read More »
- Harvard Law School’s Animal Law & Policy Program is inviting applications for a four-month Fellowship to examine policy implications of …Read More »
- Animal nationalisms: Multispecies cultural politics, race, and nation un/building narratives Special Issue Proposal for the Journal of Intercultural Studies Yamini …Read More »
- Role of animal companions in the health and wellbeing of lesbian, bisexual and/or transgender women As part of a project …Read More »