The Journal of Urban Affairs is planning a special issue on animals in the city. It will include papers that focus on the environmental, health, safety, ethical, and cultural implications of animals in the city and the human-animals interactions that result. Global comparisons would be particularly welcome. Authors are encouraged to submit article proposals to the editor by December 1, 2017. Please send proposals along with contact information and a curriculum vita via email to: Laura A. Reese, Director, Global Urban Studies Program, Michigan State University, email@example.com.
- Here’s some of the wonderful conferences taking place in 2019 around the globe. Please let me know if we’ve missed …Read More »
- If modernism heralded a moment of socio-political, cultural and aesthetic transformation, it also instigated a refashioning of how we think …Read More »
- The journal Religions will be publishing a special issue on the subject of animals in world religions, to be edited …Read More »
- The Journal Social Sciences will be publishing a special issue, with the theme of: “We are Best Friends”: Animals in …Read More »
- The study of human-animal relationships is now an established multi-disciplinary field. In addition, growing political debates over humanity’s troubled relationship …Read More »