The Journal of Urban Affairs is planning a special issue on animals in the city. It will include papers that focus on the environmental, health, safety, ethical, and cultural implications of animals in the city and the human-animals interactions that result. Global comparisons would be particularly welcome. Authors are encouraged to submit article proposals to the editor by December 1, 2017. Please send proposals along with contact information and a curriculum vita via email to: Laura A. Reese, Director, Global Urban Studies Program, Michigan State University, email@example.com.
- Curated by Julia Schlosser This exhibit will look at the ways in which contemporary artists contemplate and investigate aspects of …Read More »
- One-Day Workshop, NYU Animal Studies 29 June 2018, New York City Organisers: Sunaura Taylor (NYU), Troy Vettese (NYU), and Alyssa …Read More »
- Giovanni Aloi, Speculative Taxidermy: Natural History, Animal Surfaces, and Art in the Anthropocene (Columbia University Press, 2018): https://cup.columbia.edu/book/speculative-taxidermy/9780231180719 David Herman, ed., …Read More »
- This meeting will address issues including animal sexuality, the law, the conservation and reproduction of species, the place of animals …Read More »
- ‘Animal Histories’ King’s College London, 28-29 June 2018 Keynote speaker: Dolly Jørgensen We are delighted to announce that, following the …Read More »