- The latest edition of Animal Studies Journal is out now! This issue comprises articles from a range of disciplinary perspectives, …Read More »
- James Joyce Quarterly Special Issue Call for Papers: Joyce and the Non-Human (abstract deadline June 30th, 1st draft articles by January …Read More »
- The sixth video in Defining HAS Video series, is by Lisa Kemmerer, Professor of Philosophy and Religions at Montana State University, …Read More »
- On May 18-19, 2018, the Animals in Philosophy, Politics, Law, and Ethics research group (APPLE) at Queen’s University will be …Read More »
- July 1st — July 4th 2019 Initial Call for papers Colonial politics and histories have shaped, and continue to shape, …Read More »
Tag Archives: habitat loss
Donelle Gadenne ‘From Celebrity Selfies to Sadistic Cruelty: The Paradoxical Life of Rottnest Island’s Quokkas’
Use a popular internet search engine to type in ‘quokka’ and you will discover a plethora of stories about a species of small marsupial inhabiting Rottnest Island (Wadjemup), situated approximately 18 kilometres from Perth, Western Australia.