A call is out for presentations for a panel on “Pathogenic entanglements and multispecies encounters: what narratives for what responsibilities?” at the forthcoming Association of Social Anthropologists of the UK & Commonwealth Annual Conference, ASA 2020: RESPONSIBILITY, which will take place at the University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Scotland, 24-27 August 2020.
Abstract: The One Health agenda seeks to redress excessive anthropocentrism in disease-management but creates new biopolitical hierarchies of pets and pests. What responsibilities—as causality and accountability—are framed and contested in narratives of pathogenic multispecies entanglements? Contact: Rosie Sims or Emmanuelle Roth.
- BASN will be online for the meeting ‘Animal Borderlands’ – Session 1 – ‘Living in the Borderlands’ – Friday 18th …Read More »
- 23-25 September 2021 | Saarland University | Saarbrücken (Germany) International and Interdisciplinary Conference held by the Research Centre ‘European Dream-Cultures’, …Read More »
- Due: 23rd September 2020 November 26-27, 2020. This conference, organized by the Multispecies Storytelling network, Multispecies approaches have recently developed …Read More »
- 30 November 2020 The Human Animal Interaction (HAI) Section of the American Psychological Association has issued a call for papers for …Read More »
- BOOKS: Kristin Andrews, 2020. The Animal Mind: An Introduction to the Philosophy of Animal Cognition. 2nd. ed. Routledge. Sarat Colling, 2020. Animal Resistance …Read More »