A call is out for presentations for a panel on “Pathogenic entanglements and multispecies encounters: what narratives for what responsibilities?” at the forthcoming Association of Social Anthropologists of the UK & Commonwealth Annual Conference, ASA 2020: RESPONSIBILITY, which will take place at the University of St Andrews, St Andrews, Scotland, 24-27 August 2020.
Abstract: The One Health agenda seeks to redress excessive anthropocentrism in disease-management but creates new biopolitical hierarchies of pets and pests. What responsibilities—as causality and accountability—are framed and contested in narratives of pathogenic multispecies entanglements? Contact: Rosie Sims or Emmanuelle Roth.
- CALL FOR ABSTRACTS FOR THE EDITED VOLUME ”DEVELOPING FEMINIST ANIMAL STUDIES: CRITICAL PERSPECTIVES ON FOOD AND EATING” We are looking …Read More »
- You are invited to take part in a research study about the field of Animal Studies (also known as Human …Read More »
- Courtesy of Animals & Society Institute The College & Research Libraries News has released an Introduction to animal law: Resources for online research and …Read More »
- Coordinated by the University of Derby, the Life Without Animals: The Second (Un)Common Worlds Conference is slated for July 14-16, 2020 in …Read More »
- Human Animal Interaction (HAI) Section of the American Psychological Association has issued a Call for Papers for a special issue …Read More »